GermanEnglish Contact us Site Map Technical Help   Home » Today » Forum
Boardrules/Privacy Policy
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register
Translation Tool
Post new topicReply to topic Thassos-Island Forum Index » Suggestions to the Forum

Claire
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 29.04.2005, 12:04    Post subject: Translation Tool Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hi Wolfgang,

I like the translation tool (German-English-German) because it helps to follow the non-English posts - as well as helping me to learn German (v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y! )

Would it be possible to add a Greek-English-Greek / Greek-German-Greek translator, too?

I learned French and Spanish at school, (no habla Espanol now though) Now I wish I had opted for German as well.

Merci et au revoir.

Claire.

lynne read

Post Posted: 29.04.2005, 14:01    Post subject: translator Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hi Claire

You must be telepathic, I was going to ask this question when all of a sudden your post pops up lets hope Wolfgang can assist us in this way, after all the postings that Volker and Ariane keep putting on in Greek, I feel sorry for poor Wolfgang with all these suggestions he must be on this website for ages sorting it out to keep us happy

See ya

Lynne

Volker

Post Posted: 29.04.2005, 14:16    Post subject: Re: translator Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

lynne read wrote:
after all the postings that Volker and Ariane keep putting on in Greek

I deliver a word-for-word translation or at least a summary which gives the gist with every greek text I post. That's my service for you. Sometimes (very very seldom), I post a greek text without. This is for saving the message before it disappears from the world wide web. Mostly, I translate it later on. In case of omission, I apologize. In case of being interested in a special topic, please do not hesitate to contact me directly or ask within the particular thread.

Kind regards

Volker

Claire
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 29.04.2005, 14:46    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hallo Volker

Danke schon, efcaristou - Thank you for your posts and the translations.
I find them very interesting and I have read many of them.
I was delighted when I found the first article that you wrote and translated (for me and all the others who may not have studied German - definitely not Greek; we don't learn that in the UK any more! - but still want to keep-up with what's what)

I shall continue to read your articles, Volker, and attempt to learn Greek and German, deciphering sentences by using the English translation which you provide (thank you ) although it is a slow process, and I'm sure my pronunciation is appalling and it's like banging my head against a brick wall

Who knows, I could be writing future posts in all three languages soon - with French thrown-in for good measure! HA VERY LIKELY!!!

Please keep-up the good work everybody who already writes with a translation The forum is all the better for it.

Ciao for now,

Claire.

Wolfgang
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: 30.04.2005, 10:46    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

We are using the google-translation feature for our translation tool. And they dont offer greek. But japanese and chinese french, spanish and italian would be possible. Not greek.

Maybe it would be a good idea to find another stable greek-english-german translator on the web that can be used.

Who knows such a service? Good quality in translationg and always stable? We can't use a machine that brakes down every day as systran does every now and then for example)

But it is a pretty good idea and I ask myself why I didn't thought at it by myself

Wolfgang

Thassos-Island.com facebook

Tipp: Das beste jemals erschienene Buch über Thassos! Pflichtlektüre für jeden Thassos-Reisenden!!!

Thassos Hotels θασος

Post new topicReply to topic Thassos-Island Forum Index -> Suggestions to the Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: