GermanEnglish Contact us Site Map Technical Help   Home » Today » Forum
Boardrules/Privacy Policy
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register
VIDEO / DVD
Post new topicReply to topic Thassos-Island Forum Index » Suggestions to the Forum

STEVE
Thassos-Liebhaber
Thassos-Liebhaber

Post Posted: 07.05.2005, 11:37    Post subject: VIDEO / DVD Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hello Everyone,

this week I have viewed my video tape from my Thassos holiday in 2000.

Part of the tape was some film simply taken on the bus from
Thassos Town to Skala Potamia . Quality is not professional
a bit shakey and some bits blurred but the atmosphere is good with the old bus window wide open and wind on the microphone and greek music in the back ground from the bus radio.The video took me back for a few minutes to the island. I could feel the heat on the bus.

I also have some basic shots on the ferry ,Limenaria and road
to Aliki.

I am sure other members have their own videos.

It might be idea to put together the bits and pieces of our videos to form one DVD of memories of Thassos that others would appreciate. Not shots of people but shots of views etc.

Has anyone on the forum the equipment to do this..

Is there a forum member who has the equipment who may be willing to transfer our recordings onto a dvd. on condition post charges are paid and blank DVD is supplied .

Perhaps a contribution also to a community fund to purchase improved equipment.

Alternatively dependant on the capacity of the Thassos Forum Server could mini one minute videos be uploaded as a new section in view of the ability of digital cameras today to allow video recording..

Just an idea ..

Steve

Volker

Post Posted: 07.05.2005, 13:40    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Very very very good idea, Steve!

I often thought about this, how to show my short videos (taken with the normal digicam, but while special events, i.e. Carnival) to the other members, but I did not see the way to put them on the web (with my snail modem...). The idea with a DVD is great. Hopefully Wolfgang will take it up and coordinate centrally. I think this would be the best way, because - maybe - the files have to be converted into one file format, mpeg or something else (I am no expert on this...) But again: Great idea!

Kind regards

Volker

lynne read

Post Posted: 07.05.2005, 14:52    Post subject: video/dvd Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hi Steve

There is already this facility on the forum when you log on to the home page - the one with the map - on the left is the title "infocentre" click on this and on the pull down menu click on video clips which will bring up a page of listings click on the title of what you want to see and after a while you will get a movie of Thassos places it does take a while to download so be patient and you will soon be flying down Potos high st on the back of a motorbike or in a boat looking at the night life of Potos good viewing.

see ya

Lynne

Volker

Post Posted: 07.05.2005, 16:33    Post subject: Re: video/dvd Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

lynne read wrote:
There is already this facility on the forum when you log on to the home page

Hi Lynne,

yes and no. There are Wolfgang's clips, but the question is, how to integrate one's clips, for example my 214 megabyte. It is too much for up- and download. So I hope I had Steve right: An opportunity to collect the clips and arrange them on one (or more) DVD (or CD Rom).

Volker

STEVE
Thassos-Liebhaber
Thassos-Liebhaber

Post Posted: 07.05.2005, 18:05    Post subject: Learn Something New. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hello All,

thanks Lynne

I've learnt something new .. I did not know the video clips were there. on the site ,a lot of other things there too to look at..

It needs publicising on the International Page.

http://www.thassos-island.com/explore/videoclips/

Great..

On a DVD though a lot more could be entered .. I think up to 4 hours . If we had contributions from 16 members we could have 15 minutes each if a member has the equipment .

Its just that watching my bit of video this week brought a bit of Thassos to my living room..I had not watched it for three years at least.

Steve

Wolfgang
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: 08.05.2005, 20:40    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

I don't have the equipment for digitalizing te videos. If they are already digital (mpeg), making a DVD is no problem. If some people here are interested, I could make this. Your could send me a CD with your videos (you can find my postadress on the mainpage) and I'll do the rest. Should be at least 5 users to get an interesting product.

regards
Wolfgang

Thassos-Island.com facebook

Tipp: Das beste jemals erschienene Buch über Thassos! Pflichtlektüre für jeden Thassos-Reisenden!!!

Thassos Hotels θασος

Post new topicReply to topic Thassos-Island Forum Index -> Suggestions to the Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: